Ramos Gin Fizz
We first tried this exceptional cocktail in New Orleans on my father’s recommendation. For the whole story click here – The Elusive Ramos Gin Fizz.
- 2 oz gin
- ½ oz fresh lemon juice
- ½ oz fresh lime juice
- 1 oz heavy cream
- 1 egg white
- 2 tsp sugar
- 4 drops orange flower water
- Seltzer or club soda
No substitute for any ingredient.
- Put the gin and lemon & lime juice in the glass half of the shaker and the cream, egg white, sugar and orange flower water in the metal half.
- Fill the glass half way with cracked ice and then add the metal half ingredients over the ice. Shake for two full minutes. That’s very important to get the meringue-like head.
- Strain from the glass to the metal and then strain again into a Collins glass with no ice.
- Top with a spritz of seltzer and let the foam rest and settle, tapping the base of the glass. When it settles add another dash of seltzer/club soda so the head comes up a bit above the brim.
- Serve with a spoon & straw.