Slow Cooker Moroccan Chicken and Chickpeas
After everything is chopped and cut, just put it in the slow cooker and forget it for a few hours.
- 2 – 16 oz. cans of chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 – 15 oz. can of plumb or cherry tomatoes drained
- 1 red bell pepper cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 medium red onion chopped
- ½ cup golden raisins
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 tbsp. water
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. sweet paprika
- ½ tsp. cayenne (optional)
- 4 or 5 boneless/skinless chicken thighs cut into 1 in. pieces
- 2 tbsp. creamy peanut butter
Place ingredients 1 to 5 into the slow cooker. Mix ingredients 6 to 10 in a bowl, pour into slow cooker and mix well. Place chicken in an even layer on top.
Turn slow cooker on low, cover and cook for 6 hours. Add the peanut butter, mix well and serve with rice or couscous.