A friend gave me this Central Asian recipe for lamb with capers and mint. It works with chicken too. Just replace the mint with parsley and beef stock with chicken stock.
- Sauté the onion in oil on a low heat until softened, not brown, and remove from the pan.
- Add more oil and brown the seasoned room temperature lamb and remove from the pan.
- Add onion, ½ cup mint and capers to the pan. Stir and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Stir in stock and vinegar. Return lamb with any juices. Reduce heat to medium; cover and simmer for 10 minutes and then another 10 minutes uncovered until meat is done.
- Put the lamb in a serving dish. Check sauce for seasoning and spoon over lamb. Garnish with chopped mint.